Sunday, May 8, 2011

Clean Eating Asian Style Peanut Butter Slaw

Makes 8 Servings
When I was living by myself I used to live on this slaw. I think I must have made it a dozen times over a six month period; so often I memorized the ingredient list! The dressing keeps well in the fridge for a few days and you can simply pour it over the cabbage as you wish (Storing the slaw "dressed" is not recommended. The cabbage loses its wonderful crunch.) When I took these pictures I was out of green onions and cilantro, so they couldn't be included. And, I promise you, it tastes better than it looks. :-)


Ingredients:
  • 1 small head Napa cabbage (the crinkly green kind)
  • 1/3 cup green onions, sliced
Dressing-
  • 6 Tbsp rice vinegar
  • 5 Tbsp natural peanut butter
  • 4 tsp reduced sodium soy sauce
  • 2 Tbsp water
  • 6 Tbsp evaporated cane juice with 1/8 tsp molasses OR 6 Tbsp sucanat
  • 4 tsp sesame oil
  • 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
  • fresh cilantro for garnish
ONE: Slice the head of cabbage in half and carefully cut out the core. Thinly slice the cabbage into strips.


TWO: Combine the ingredients for the dressing in a small mixing bowl. Whisk (slowly at first) until combined and creamy.


THREE: Divide out the portion of cabbage you want to eat with today's meal and add some of the green onions. Pour on a bit of the dressing and toss to combine. Garnish with the cilantro.

Posted by Barb! :)

NUTRITION INFO:

Per Serving with about 2 1/2 Tbsp dressing - 119 Calories (68 Calories from Fat), 7.5g Fat, 1g Saturated Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 306mg Sodium, 8g Total Carbohydrates, 2g Dietary Fiber, 5g Sugars, 5g Protein, 95% DV Vitamin A, 80% DV Vitamin C, 11% DV Calcium, 7% DV Iron

:)

2 comments:

  1. This. Is. DELICIOUS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just had this tonight - loved it as did my boyfriend!! Thanks for sharing, love your site!

    ReplyDelete